As a diverse discipline, financial planning involves everything from growing assets using tax-efficient investments, pension planning and tapered or lifetime allowance planning, trust and estate planning, inheritance tax planning and planning for later life, e.g. the costs of care.
Financial planning can also prepare individuals, families and businesses for financial milestones, such as moving house or selling a business.
Our Chartered Financial Planners will examine your goals, assets and cash flow, working with you to establish how we can optimise your finances for a better present and future.
Get in touch to find out more about how Springfield Financial Services can help you.
What is Financial Planning?
Financial planning is a holistic approach to planning one’s finances throughout life. By thinking forward and planning for the future, it’s possible to grow one’s finances and put savings to work. Getting started soon is the key to enjoying a worry-free future - independent financial planners can help you establish your goals and put plans in place to achieve them as you progress throughout life.
Whilst financial planning has a broad, flexible remit, it’s primarily focused on taking a long-term approach to planning one’s finances. In early adulthood through middle-age, investing savings to beat inflation and grow money for the future through the use of ISAs and other financial products is a good idea to protect assets from inflation.
Investment often outpaces saving money in a typical bank account and ‘puts money to work’. It’s also wise to plan your pension early in life to maximise its potential for when you retire.
Financial planning also helps people plan for major purchases, such as buying a first home or paying for a wedding. In later life, it’s wise to plan your retirement, including how you’ll draw from your pension (e.g. drawdown vs annuity). Planning for what happens to your money after you pass away, especially with regards to your estate, ensures that those who inherit your wealth do so in the most tax-efficient way possible.
Springfield’s Chartered Financial Planners will take the following steps to help you plan your finances:
- Establish your short, mid and long-term financial goals, objectives and milestones.
- Work out your income, assets, debt, cash flow to evaluate your current financial position.
- Develop a roadmap to support you in achieving your financial goals, objectives and milestones
- Put strategies in place to help you grow your finances, e.g. through investment
- Discuss your financial wishes for after you pass away, developing a tax-efficient means to pass on your estate
Financial Planning for Retirement
There are more ways to plan for retirement than ever, including a huge range of self-invested personal pensions that enable people to carefully plan their retirement whilst retaining control of their investment choices and risk. Since SIPPs have proliferated in recent years, it’s become notoriously difficult to select the right provider that suits one’s personal needs.
Springfield Financial can help you select a pension that suits you, as well as assist you in choosing investment options and funds. Once you approach retirement age, our financial advisor retirement specialists can advise on the most tax-efficient way to start drawing from your pension.
We have experience in:
- Pension consolidation/transfers
- Pension income drawdown
- Personal pensions
- Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP)
- Small Self-Administered Schemes (SSAS)
Whether you’re an experienced investor that has built a reasonably diverse portfolio but are looking for advice on how to act on that or diversify further to reduce risk or want to get involved in investing, then Springfield Financial can help you.
We have experience in:
- Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs)
- Insured Funds
- Pension Funds
- Investment planning for retirement including Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP)
- Onshore and Offshore Investment Bonds
- Venture Capital Trusts (VCTs)
- AIM Portfolios
- Business Relief Trading Companies
Later Life Planning
Planning your finances for later life and inheritance includes estate and trust planning as well as planning for potential long-term care. Three of our financial planners have completed Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) qualifications and two hold the Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA) accreditation which means we are well placed to advise you on:
- Planning for long-term care
- Business property relief solutions
- Using trusts in association with IHT planning
- Inheritance Tax (IHT) reliefs and allowances (incl. gift allowances, the nil rate and residence nil rate bands)
- Utilising pensions for IHT planning
Client-First Financial Planning
Springfield Financial, are designated Chartered Financial Planners, by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). This is indicative of our in depth experience and ongoing commitment to our clients.
Our team possesses over 100 years of collective experience and knowledge - if you’re looking for the best financial planning advisors in Preston, the Ribble Valley, the Fylde Coast and the Lake District, then contact us today for a consultation.